The Power and Pitfalls of Data
Is your data a big deal? It should be. Your dealership data is increasing exponentially every day. Some data provides positive impacts; other data, left unmanaged, uncontrolled, unsecured or unclean can cause serious damage to your business.
When a dealership has unsecured data, you are 100% liable for the consequences. If you have an NPPI (Non-Public, Private Information) data breach, such as Social Security numbers, Driver's license numbers, etc., the FTC can fine you up to $30,000 per client. If you have a credit card data breach, you're liable. What's more, are former vendors - and former employees - still pulling data from your DMS? Unclean data in your DMS can result in fraud or embezzlement. These are HUGE risks to your dealership.
So, who controls your data? Or more importantly, who should? The answer to both of those questions is: YOU.
In this 1½ -day course, you'll learn:
- How to effectively manage your data
- How to clean your database to create accurate reports reducing the risk of fraud, pay plan manipulation or embezzlement
- How to secure and protect your data from data breaches, including a checklist no dealership should be without
- How to work with a 3rd party vendor and still protect your data
- How to ensure no 3rd party vendors are pulling any unauthorized data files
- Key ways to leverage your data to improve cash flow, associate performance and net profit
- How your current DMS provider can assist in protecting your data
- What to look for in a new DMS provider
Call 866.756.2620 or contact us for more information.