This position is responsible for the mockups, creation, and maintenance of Application Reports using NCM's Proprietary Reporting Solution and performs data accuracy validations of Financial Statement Data and KPIs. This position also troubleshoots and addresses reporting defects.
- Create and maintain Report mockups in Excel.
- Create and maintain application Reports, Charts, Dashboards, and conditional formatting rules.
- Update Financial Accounts and KPI calculation formulas (e.g. Balance Sheet and Automotive KPIs), and their associated Labels displayed in Reporting.
- Unit Test report changes for completeness, and Data Accuracy (including validating accuracy of complex KPI calculations).
- Update Financial Statements, associated label descriptions, as well as test accuracy of these statements.
- Perform Reviews of work performed by peers (to increase Quality and Learn other approaches)
- Contribute to continuous improvement, including team training sessions and maintaining process documentation.
- Troubleshoot, address, and document reporting defects identified by team or clients while ensuring the fix will not negatively impact other clients, or solution areas.
- Perform Cross-Functional team duties as part of our Agile process, including but not limited to QA Testing, Estimating Change Efforts, and assisting peers.
- Participate in yearly (YoY) change activities (e.g. Reflect New Vehicle Models and Financial Accounts introduced yearly by our clients).
Education, Experience and Requirements - From a Software Development Path
- College Diploma, or Bachelor degree, in software development
- While not mandatory, Experience in SDLC and Agile/Scrum Principles is considered an asset.
- While not mandatory, Experience in Database Concepts and Microsoft SQL Language is considered an asset.
Education, Experience and Requirements - From an Accounting Path
- College Diploma, or Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business administration.
- While not mandatory, experience in the automotive industry, dealer management systems, or financial statements are considered assets.
Key Skills and Accountabilities:
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and resolve complex systems issues.
- Produce high-quality deliverables, in an efficient manner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment, or with minimal supervision on assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates high productivity, determination, and role flexibility as a team contributor.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.