DEPARTMENT: Travel Solutions
REPORTS TO: Travel Solutions Manager
The Travel Consultant is responsible for confirming and managing all travel for NCM’s employees and clients. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services. The Travel Consultant will also provide administrative services within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with answering phone and routes appropriately.
- Submits the ARC report weekly.
- Responds to all emails in a timely manner.
- Confirms travel arrangements for our employees and clients for business or leisure travel.
- Designated person will need to field calls from NCM Institute and assist however needed.
- Designated person will handle travel arrangements for students attending classes in the NCM Institute.
- Designated person will update Salesforce (CRM) regarding all NCM Institute hotel and airport arrangements.
- Ensures all airline tickets are issued in a timely manner.
- Designated person will work with the Marketing Department regarding social media postings.
- Designated person must keep current with travel trends and learn about new vacation sites.
- Builds traveler profiles in Sabre.
- Sets up meeting and incentive programs.
- Follows up on outstanding hotel commissions.
- Assists other team members when needed.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- High School diploma required.
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business, or relevant field a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a travel agency. Proven working experience as a travel agent is required.
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Sabre or current CRS.
- Strong sales skills.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and negotiate effectively.
- Exhibits impeccable customer service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be organized with strong time management skills.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Completes all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet client needs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see, and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Must reside in the Kansas City area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.