DEPARTMENT: Data Processing
REPORTS TO: Data Processing & Print Services Manager
The Data Specialist is responsible for managing efficient submission of client financial statements and verification of client financials to ensure high quality data foundational to NCM’s Benchmarks and financial products. It requires innovative solutions for the development, validation, and preparation of data and information based on understanding of business needs and application of knowledge of data flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand all sources and associated procedures for receiving client financial statements.
- Responsible for verifying all financial information and working with clients to review/correct any potential errors.
- Ensure process flow, data quality, reliability, and integrity for all data submissions.
- Recognize data issues and work with providers of data to resolve problems.
- Work collaboratively with clients to ensure reporting is accurate, timely, and high quality.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and/or controls to make the overall process more efficient and effective.
- Responsible for monitoring progress and maintaining responsibility for delivering NCM’s financial products accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the verification of all data, including subsequent communications with clients via phone and email to ensure any errors have been resolved.
- Responsible for verifying the financial data located in company products including, but not limited to, the group composites, Profit Trend Analysis (PTA), Trend Reports, 3-Year Composites, etc.
- Monitors financial statement and supplement submission history to account for accurate reporting in client records.
- Responsible for the filing of financial statements at the end of each month.
- Data entry of financial statements.
- Assists with work overflow.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred, however, requirements may be satisfied with equivalent combination of talent and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years related work or industry experience.
- Knowledge of CRM/databases.
- Knowledge of financial statements from automotive manufacturers.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office.
- Ten-key experience, minimum 10,000 ksph.
- Strong time management skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with multi-functional teams in a technical production environment.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Demonstrate initiative; be a self-starter.
- Professional, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
- Strong work ethic; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Completes all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet client needs and remain cost effective.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see, and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Must reside in the Kansas City area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.