DEPARTMENT: Project Management
REPORTS TO: Rick Surette
An organized and quick thinking project manager to ensure that we establish project scope and deliver projects on time and on budget with quality results. A project manager that brings a great attitude and project management know-how including Microsoft Project skills. Most importantly, this individual possesses the ability to accurately estimate projects and follow-up with the cross functional teams to deliver on time and on budget. This project manager needs to instill confidence in the client and internal cross-functional groups with clear and frequent communication updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage scope, communicate requirements, and keep tasks on track by working directly with team members in addition to communicating clearly and frequently
- Create and maintain project documentation including MS Project schedules, status reports, action items/risks/issues/opportunities log, correspondence, meeting minutes, and change requests
- Remove obstacles from team by problem solving and following-through on action items
- Deliver projects via cross-functional teams on time, on budget, with quality, while developing and building confidence and trust of employees, business partners, and client stakeholders
- Put together Change Requests (CR) & Statements of Work (SOW), by gathering estimates from various teams and determining timelines
- Report the project status & health to the NCM Executive as well as client stakeholders
- Contribute to NCM capacity planning, and deliver projects by tracking and ensuring resource availability and allocation across different job disciplines & cross-functional teams required to deliver multiple project activities
- Continuous Improvement by contributing to optimizing PMO & delivery processes
- Be an NCM ambassador within the automotive and business community, as well as NCM staff
- Work evenings with clients to support off hours deployments, and Australia time zone. Travel to Australia may be required occasionally
- This position may also supervise Project Coordinator staff, and oversee their responsibilities
The following education, experience, competencies and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
Education & Experience
- Must have experience project managing a software product release (preferably SAAS) Must be fully capable of using Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have capability in delivering within a relatively small software development organization
- Must be very comfortable communicating with developers; can ask the correct questions and assess to ensure accurate quoting and delivery of a software product
- Must have demonstrated ability in managing multiple concurrent projects ranging from $10,000 to $1M while retaining an attention to detail
- Must have 3+ Years experience working within IT Projects environment and/or experience relevant to this role.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in automotive sector would be an asset
- Software Development, QA, and/or BA experience would be an asset
- CAPM, or PMP designation, or working towards PMP certification would be an asset
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to lead and manage accounting functions with professional skill and experience; and to work effectively as a team member with staff and business leaders.
- Ability to handle private and confidential information in accordance with company’s interest and policies, legal requirements and business ethics.
- Ability to supervise, train, direct and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong documentation and training skills.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Completes all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet organizational and client needs and achieve strategic goals.
- Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.