DEPARTMENT: NCM Software Solutions
REPORTS TO: VP of NCM Labs
The primary purpose of the Product Sales Consultant is to continue to increase revenue streams and grow the division through selling of the products. They will manage the sales process from start to finish, which includes identifying and initiating new opportunities all the way through closing of deals. Will also be a resource to other departments within NCM (Retails Solutions/NCM Institute) as an official presenter specializing in our various products and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate prospective client opportunities through cold calls and marketing campaigns.
- Build relationships with prospective clients.
- Networking through direct interactions, calling, emailing, etc.
- Research client/prospect to make sure information in CRM is accurate prior to contacting.
- Identify and qualify key decision-makers in the dealership (typically dealers, CFOs, GMs and COOs).
- Prequalify the dealership with engaging questions to ensure it is a good fit.
- Schedule appointments with key decision-makers to advance opportunities.
- Conduct product demonstrations via web or in-person.
- Close business deals.
- Hit sales goals.
- Maintain and manage pipeline.
- Prepare presentations (not sales pitches) to be used in various environments (20 Groups/Training/Guest Speaker/Industry Expert/etc.)
- Public speaking as a representative of NCM and our software products as needed.
- Periodically meet with manager to review progress and identify areas of opportunity.
The following education, experience, competencies and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred, however, requirements may be satisfied with equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Software sales or automotive sales experience a strong plus.
- 3 or more years of successful sales account management experience required.
- Consulting in the automotive space.
- Automotive software knowledge.
- Basic understanding of finance/accounting is required.
- Ability to source, identify, develop and nurture new opportunities.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Salesforce (CRM) knowledge is preferred.
- Understanding of Challenger Sales Model is a plus.
- Public Speaking
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing and listening skills.
- Ability to quickly build credibility with an executive level audience.
- Superior time management and organization skills while working autonomously.
- Comfortable working in a remote environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Expectations and goals will be set for this individual on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This individual will be held accountable for meeting those goals by sales count and by revenue.
- Progress toward goals will be tracked through Salesforce (CRM).
- Pipeline management and forecasting will be tracked through Salesforce (CRM).
- Success in this position will be judged by both activities and results. Activities to be measured will include: # Cold Calls, # Demos completed, # New Prospects, etc. Results to be measured will include: Sales completed vs. Quota, Cancelled Sales prior to install.
- Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours at a time as that can be how long some training sessions last.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- This position will require an individual be comfortable working in an office environment at times, working from the field while traveling at times, and working from a home office at times. Dress code will be as the environment dictates. When presenting to dealers or 20 groups, a coat and tie is required.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.