DEPARTMENT: NCM Software Solutions
REPORTS TO: Client Engagement Specialist Team Lead
This individual will be a valuable contributor to the department by providing continuing training and performance management for NCM Software Solutions’ clients. The primary objective of having a Software Education Specialist is to ensure that our client base is constantly improving their utilization of the product and increasing the value that the product brings to the dealership. Working intimately with each dealership, the SES will help identify areas for improved performance, share best practices, make consultative recommendations, and provide ongoing support in the form of training and engagements. This individual is responsible for safeguarding client satisfaction and product understanding, which directly effects retention and ultimately ongoing revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform continuing/follow-up training with clients via web, phone, and on-site.
- Monitor/analyze client utilization of the program to detect and prevent potential cancellations.
- Proactively contact clients to check in, answer questions, and schedule training if needed.
- Maintain client relationships to ensure positive brand experience.
- Assist in basic tech support calls.
- Keep clients engaged.
- Regularly meet with manager to discuss overall and/or specific client needs.
- Track leading indicators of utilization issues for each assigned client.
- Hit retention goals.
- Strategize on effective retention plans.
- Travel up to 25% of the time for on-site training with clients.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred, however, requirements may be satisfied with equivalent combination of talent and experience.
- Training experience needed, ideally with technology.
- Experience working in, or with, the retail automotive industry is preferred.
- Basic understanding of finance/accounting is required.
- Must be proficient in general technology.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to identify, relate, and nurture client needs; upsell when appropriate.
- Salesforce (CRM) knowledge is a plus.
- Superior time management, listening, communication, and organizational skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly build credibility with an executive level audience.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Client retention goals will be set for this individual on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This individual will be held accountable for meeting those goals. They will be required to come to work every day, perform their job functions, and actively participate in team meetings.
- Performance will be measured on both Activities and Results as recorded in our Salesforce CRM. Activities include: outbound calls, meaningful client engagements, trainings completed, etc. Results include: cancellations, utilization of clients, etc.
- Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see, and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours at a time as that can be how long some training sessions last.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- This position will require the ability to work comfortably from an office, in the field, and from home.
- Occasionally working on-site with clients in their dealerships.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.