Kansas City, Mo., January 26, 2016 – The NCM Institute completed its eighth General Management Executive Program (GMEP) curriculum and awarded 11 managers and future executives with certificates of completion for its industry-recognized dealer development program. The GMEP comprehensive curriculum emphasizes financial and operational best practices, along with a solid leadership foundation that will strengthen and prepare dealerships for long-term sustainability. At the completion of this rigorous program, GMEP students will have honed and developed the leadership skills and data analysis experience necessary to maximize profitability and drive success.
“Our recent GMEP class was composed of exceptional leaders from the automotive industry,” said Richard Head, since retired director of education at the NCM Institute. He added, “These graduates have faced every challenge during their 10-month commitment, from carefully evaluating all aspects of their work to critically analyzing their strengths and weaknesses as leaders. Thanks to the investment made by their dealer sponsors, each of them is poised to make a remarkable impact at their individual dealerships. And, because of this intensive curriculum, these leaders have formed a comradery that will last them a lifetime.”
Mark Phillips, general manager of McGrath Honda of St. Charles, said this about his experiences in GMEP. “Anyone can say, ‘These are the numbers and do this,’ but NCM’s instructors take the time to explain the how and the why. To accomplish this, they must care, and it is obvious that they not only know and believe what they present will make us all better business people, but that they care about us as individuals. I know this course and the way NCM assisted in my education will make me a better person and leader of my store.”
Following is a list of graduates who received their GMEP certificate of completion plaques in January.
- JR Amato, Amato Auto Group, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Blaine Balderston, Blue Springs Ford, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Brad Cook, Limbaugh Toyota, Birmingham, Ala.
- Ryan Drouin, Grand Subaru, Bensenville, Ill.
- Matthew Greenblatt, Matt Blatt KIA, Egg Harbor Township, N.J.
- Kyle Harris, Blue Springs Ford, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Shaun Leonard, Murray KIA, Conshohocken, Pa.
- Josh Pettee, Tom Wood Subaru, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Mark Phillips, McGrath Honda of St. Charles, St. Charles, Ill
- Adam Secore, Merchants Automotive Group, Hooksett, N.H.
- Greg Tomlin, Park Cities Ford Lincoln, Dallas, Texas