In part two of our Financial Management Program, students learn how to balance conflicting priorities and work more effectively with their COOs, department managers, employees, and the financial community. Students will also learn how to develop valuable departmental profit improvement plans, right-size current asset levels, and construct cash flow statements.
After a student completes Financial Management I: Foundation, they become eligible to attend Financial Management II: Strategies. This course will take a deeper dive into specific topics from the first course, along with introducing some new topics. Not unlike Foundation, the Strategies course will utilize Guarantee of Action (GOA) plans to provide a roadmap for improvement that is individualized for each student.
In this course, students will experience instructor-led interactive discussion, department analysis tools, and classroom lecture.
Class Length: 2 days
Key Objectives & Competencies:
- Learn the metrics you need to measure to achieve success
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Discover how to prepare a cash flow analysis
- Develop and utilize an effective daily operating control (DOC) process
- Facilitate productive weekly manager meetings
- Review and report daily cash flow