REPORTS TO: VP, Marketing & Communications
The Content Manager oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is responsible for content optimization and brand consistency, to produce meaningful outcomes. The position collaborates with all internal organizations to help define both the brand story and the customer journey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job of the Content Manager is to think like a publisher/journalist, developing content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business, including:
- Write and review content to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all content channels, including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print, and in-person engagements.
- Contribute to mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must based on metrics, customer behavior or lack thereof, and competitive awareness.
- Assist in the development, audit, and implementation of content on corporate website to maintain and improve the quality of information provided.
- Contribute to the development of a functional content calendar.
- Co-manage content contributors across multiple departments, including external contributors.
- Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and AP style.
- Recommend content based on analytics, working to revise and measure specific content and marketing goals.
- Co-develop standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, review, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers.
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Supervise the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Work closely with the Marketing team on all creative (including critique, design, and optimization) and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner.
- Work within tight deadlines.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on one of the following: Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, Psychology or Behavioral Science, Business or Advertising.
- 4-7 years’ experience within a marketing environment such as: ad agency, internet company, or communication/publication company.
- Experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Have proven experience in consumer-facing insight development.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office.
- Strong time management skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of copywriting, editing, and grammar.
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate initiative; be a self-starter.
- Professional, enthusiastic and resourceful.
- Strong work ethic; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Complete all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet demands and remain cost effective.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business will be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see, and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to answer phone and listen and speak with clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.