DEPARTMENT: Business Management Solutions
REPORTS TO: Manager of Software Development
We are looking for an experienced Database Software Developer to join our growing team located in Moncton, New Brunswick. As a Database Software Developer you will work within an Agile team to evolve and support our web based reporting platform by creating and enhancing application modules, focusing on SQL Server data access, performance and structure, while evolving our best practices in order to ensure high quality delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop high quality code, that delights our customers and stakeholders, using your in-depth knowledge of SQL Server, SQL queries, database performance and structural design.
- Assist in, or create, estimates for software development, software testing, and any other assigned project deliverables.
- Work within an Agile software development methodology to deliver high quality code on time.
- Create SQL Server scripts in order to upgrade or migrate our customers to newer versions of our software.
- Deploy software to internal servers as well as customer hosted servers.
- Write clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
- Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members
- Demonstrates high energy, determination and flexibility.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Collaborate with team members to introduce best practices that improve quality and efficiency.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, or specialized diploma in software development, with 5 or more years of software development experience including the following:
- Database Programming (SQL Server) including queries and complex stored procedures
- Experience integrating web-based applications with MS SQL Server databases in a highly performant and scalable manner.
- Experience troubleshooting and improving performance of SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Microsoft .NET Framework(C#)
- Experience using TFS or GitHub source control
- Knowledge of common web development methodologies and design patterns.
- Experience with automated unit testing.
- Strong work ethic; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Preferred candidates will have one or more of the following skills:
- Knowledge of the automotive industry accounting and reporting practices
- General knowledge of accounting
- Experience with Azure Devops Pipelines
- Experience with any of the following: Workata, .Net Core, Blazor.
- Experience developing software using Agile practices
- Microsoft Certified Software Developer(MCSD)
- Experience using Redgate SQL Tools
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.