DEPARTMENT: NCM Institute
REPORTS TO: Director of Education & Client Program
The NCM Institute Curriculum Specialist is responsible for the planning, editing, quality control and production of curricula. He/She will assist in development of new learning programs in conjunction with the Director of Education. Additionally, this position is responsible for the review of all external content related to the Institute, including client-facing communications, collateral, web content and sales positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with developing the overall design for training curriculum to meet identified training needs using instructional design methodology through all phases of each project: including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Conducts research and consults with faculty, staff and business representatives in the design and development of new curriculum.
- Establishes project plan and monitors completion of milestones and deliverables.
- Integrates evaluation methods and tools within the training to measure the impact and effectiveness through knowledge checks or other assessments.
- Coordinates the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives and requirements.
- Prepares instructional material for printing and develops outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction.
- Ensures all Institute material meets branding guidelines as established by the Marketing Department.
- Maintains up-to-date information on training and development research and innovative ideas supporting learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
- Develops and maintains content management database.
- Proofs any client-facing material to ensure accuracy and professionalism of the Institute.
- Assists the Client Engagement Specialists – NCM Institute with client and sales communications.
- Coordinates with Marketing to ensure promotional messaging aligns with curriculum, as well as class and revenue needs.
- Assists with work overflow, including registration processing.
The following education, experience, competencies, and behavioral skills are needed to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus. Requirement may be satisfied with equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in education administration or teaching, with some experience developing curriculum and related materials.
- Knowledge of CRM/databases, Salesforce.com a plus.
- Knowledge of Content Management systems a plus.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong time management skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative mindset.
- Effective writing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative; be a self-starter.
- Professional, enthusiastic and resourceful.
- Strong work ethic; willing to work extra hours to get the job done.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Completes all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet client needs and remain cost effective.
- Must continue training and education that is relevant to this position and job duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see, and use hands to handle objects.
- Must be able to concentrate/focus with constant interruptions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Ability to travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law and unless undue hardship would result. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.