100% employee owned; 100% dedication to our clients’ success.
Since 1947, and long before the founders of Nichols, Campbell and Morrow turned the company over to the professionals of what is today known as NCM Associates, we have made it our mission to exceed our customers' expectations through our dedication to their success.
When you choose to work with the employee owners of NCM you can be assured of our unparalleled commitment to your success, too. It's not only what sets NCM apart from our competitors, it's what you should expect from the owners!
Here are some facts and statistics about Employee Stock Ownership Plans and why doing business with the employee owners of NCM Associates will give your business a distinct advantage. This information is taken from the ESOP Association, of which NCM Associates is a long-standing member.
What is an ESOP and why is working with an employee-owned company important to you?
An ESOP, or employee stock ownership plan, is a tax qualified deferred compensation employee benefit which makes the employees of that company beneficial owners of stock in that company. As study after study has shown, ESOPs improve the productivity and profitability of the firms which sponsor them. They also provide considerable wealth to their participants when those participants leave the firm or retire.
Like the business owners we support every day, we have a vested interest in the success of our company; this translates into a collective focus on the success of our clients.
- There are approximately 11,500 ESOPs in place in the U.S., covering 10 million employees (10% of the private sector workforce).
- These employees draw in excess of 3% of their total compensation from ESOP contributions.
- An estimated 7,000 of the 11,500 companies have ESOPs that are large enough to be a major factor in the corporation's strategy and culture.
- Approximately 4,500 ESOP companies are majority-owned by the ESOP.
- Approximately 3,000 are 100% owned by the ESOP, including NCM Associates!
- Total assets owned by U.S. ESOPs is estimated to be $901 billion at the end of 2007.
In August 2012, NCM Associates was honored to be named the first runner-up for the 2013 ESOP Business of the Year by the Heart of America Chapter of the ESOP Association! For additional information about ESOPs or The ESOP Association, you may visit the website at www.esopassociation.org.