When it comes to corporate or leisure travel, everybody wants to have an exceptional experience. From the best hotels to suit your needs, to the local shops and restaurants travelers need to try, NCM’s Travel Solutions team has done it all. As a travel expert for NCM, our team books several hundred 20 Group meetings across North America each year. It is through these 20 Group meetings we assist our clients in making their travel experience one that is enjoyable, memorable, and as stress-free as possible.
Today, we’re highlighting one of our favorite cities in North America for both leisure and business travelers, and if you’re looking the perfect location for a fall or winter meeting, don’t overlook Scottsdale, Ariz.
When the weather traces negative digits in many states (and providences for our Canadian friends), it’s only natural to seek out the warmer climates. With average temperatures ranging from 75-95°F in the fall and 65-80°F in the winter, Scottsdale is one of the top requested destinations for our 20 Group members. The city has become a laid-back resort destination famed for its posh properties, wealth of activities, and outdoor landscapes.
After customizing numerous vacations for our clients, these are our team’s top picks for your next 20 Group meeting or wintertime getaway.
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale - This luxury hotel is nestled in the foothills of Pinnacle Peak and comes with amazing views of the desert. The adobe-inspired architecture blends seamlessly with the landscape to provide guests with the ultimate combination of high-end amenities with natural elements. With cabana-lined pools, a highly rated spa, and a golf club, there is no better place to spend your downtime.
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - A popular hotel amongst 20 Group Members, this hotel features two 18-hole championship golf courses, one of which is home to the Phoenix Open. The resort was also expanded in 2016, meaning a good majority of the hotel has received a facelift on the southwestern decor. They also boast six different pools, including a 9,000-square-foot white sand beach.
- The Phoenician - After recently receiving a $90 million-dollar makeover, this well-known property has the reputation of having it all. The Phoenician offers a luxury spa, seven different restaurants, three award-winning golf courses, and a 2-to-1 staff to guest ratio. If you opt for the Canyon Suites, your room also has access to a S550 Mercedes Benz and driver.
- Wild West Jeep Tours - The Southwest of the United States is famous for its off-roading experiences and is home to many of the largest events for enthusiasts. Hit the rugged trails to experience the best of the Sonoran Desert.
- Old Town Scottsdale - If a little retail therapy is a bit more up your alley, then Old Town Scottsdale is for you. Boutique shopping, bars, lounges, and restaurants make Old Town Scottsdale a local favorite. You’ll quickly learn why this area is considered the Southwest’s largest retail destination.
- Desert Botanical Gardens - This 140-acre botanical garden located in Papago Park is home to over 50,000 species of cactus, trees, and flowers from all around the world. With both rare and endangered flora and fauna being cared for, this experience is sure to be memorable even after your trip ends.
- Troon North Golf Club - It’s an understatement to say that Arizona is on a golf-enthusiasts bucket list, but Troon North Golf Club is a true must-visit in the area. Revered as Scottsdale’s crown jewel, this hallmark desert golf club features two courses that stretch through natural ravines and foothills to provide players with a wide variety of play styles.
- Kierland Commons - This outdoor, upscale shopping center offers over 70 high-end specialty stores that artfully blend shopping, dining, and entertainment. No matter your specific food tastes, this shopping district is home to a wide variety of cuisines that reflect the passion and local flavor of the city.
- Craft 64 - While pizza might not be the first thing you think when searching for Southwest cuisine, Scottsdale is home to some of the best pizza you will find anywhere in the country. Craft 64 is one of the premier spots for artisan wood-fired pizza, sandwiches, and local craft beer.
- Scottsdale Beer Company - Speaking of local craft beer, Scottsdale Beer Company is an excellent choice boasting the smoothest beer in the desert. Pair your beer of choice with a variety of food options that range from salads and poke bowls to tostadas, bison burgers, and more!
- Schmooze Café - This amazing outdoor patio café is an ideal choice for anyone seeking an excellent breakfast and lunch menu under the warm Arizona sun. Along with their bunch offerings, guests can pair their meal with an extensive selection of the finest coffee beans and state-of-the-art brewing systems.
- Press Coffee - If you’re looking for the best local coffee in the area there is no better place to visit than Press. You can indulge in a latte made with their house-roasted twitch espresso— consisting of layered espresso that transforms flavor as it is consumed and culminating with a very pleasant sweetness. You won’t find anything like it anywhere else!
We hope this list has inspired you to think about Scottsdale for your next 20 Group meeting. This is just a small sample of the amazing hidden gems that you will find throughout the greater Scottsdale area. As a travel consultant, our team understands what you want to get out of your trip and will work with you and your family to customize your trip to best suit your needs. If you would like to put our 75+ years of experience booking executive travel to work for you, we would be happy to show you why 20 Group members trust our expertise.
Want More Out of Your Next 20 Group Meeting?
The best thing about being in a 20 Group is leaving each meeting with key takeaways that you can implement back at your dealership to grow and gain market share. But just because you’re here to work, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your surroundings. With decades of experience of corporate travel, NCM’s Travel Solutions team can help make sure your business trip doesn’t have to feel like one.
For some additional reading on 20 Groups and Travel Solutions, please check out some of our other articles: